Basic CERT Training – Free
Hays County Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) will be offering the Basic CERT Certification Class beginning August 9 at the Kyle Fire Department. Become Nationally CERT certified by taking this 20 hour course. Help yourself and your neighbors during an emergency. This course has 4 week night classes or 2 Saturday classes with a test/practicum at the end. This course is intended to provide the knowledge and skills citizen volunteers need to effectively serve their community; the focus is on preparing for local emergencies and how to respond to them.
In order to register for this class the following need to be completed:
- Submit an application for CERT. The application is located at http://www.hayscountycert.com on the Volunteer/Contact Us page
- Sign up for an account on Preparing Texas. The website is http://www.preparingtexas.org/. On the top/right side is a “Create Account”
- Once an account has been created, register for the G-317 Class located under the Training Catalog tab – Course # G 317 at the Kyle Fire Department beginning on August 9th. There will be a lag between the registration and the acceptance. You will receive emails for both.
- Register for an SID number with FEMA. The website is https://training.fema.gov/is/courseoverview.aspx?code=is-317 Your final written exam will be taken here.
- Once these steps have been completed, contact Laurie Taylor @ email@example.com
- Wednesday, August 9 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm Units 1 and 2
- Thursday, August 10 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm Units 3 and 4
- Saturday, August 12 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Units 1 – 4
- Wednesday, August 16 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm Units 5 and 6
- Thursday, August 17 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm Units 7 and 8
- Saturday, August 19 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Units 5 – 8
- Before August 26 Online Final Exam IS 317
- Saturday, August 26 9:00 am to 12:00 pm FINAL/Practical – Required to complete the course